Daytona International Speedway welcomes media representatives from all over the world to our facility each year for a variety of racing events. From stock car, to sports car, to motorcycles to go karts, the "World Center of Racing" has it all.
Our communication staff is dedicated to providing you with the service and information you need to cover events in a first class manner. The information provided on this web site is designed to assist you in coverage of every event held at the world famous superspeedway. Please let us know how we can assist you.
Donna Freismuth, Director of Credentials
Andrew Booth, Senior Manager of Media Relations
Raymond Burns, Credential Coordinator
Communication Department Phone: (386) 681-6782
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
2015 Media Guide
The 2015 Daytona International Speedway Media Guide, which includes information about the “World Center of Racing,” the Rolex 24 Weekend, Budweiser Speedweeks, Daytona 200 Week, the Coke Zero 400 Weekend Powered By Coca-Cola, Fall Cycle Scene and Red Bull Global Rallycross as well as driver and rider records and information on the DAYTONA Rising project, is available online.
Credential Info and Application
Note: Only applications from the email address of assignment editors, producers or similar authorized personnel will be accepted.
2015 Credential Application - Microsoft Word Format
2015 Credential Application - Adobe PDF Format
Please complete the Word document and email as an attachment to DIS-Credentials@daytonainternationalspeedway.com
Team Public Relations Representatives
Do not fill out the media application form. Team public relations representatives must have either a hard card or must obtain a credential through the sanctioning body. They can request an event sticker and parking pass by sending a request on company letterhead by mail, email or fax. The request should include name, company, team they are representing, racing series and an address to mail sticker and parking pass.
Requests should be sent to Raymond Burns email@example.com or fax to (386) 681-6798 or mail to 1801 W. International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach, FL 32114. These event stickers and parking passes are for working PR representatives and not marketing managers or other team personnel.
Email press release sign-up
Sign-up to receive Daytona’s email distribution list of press releases and announcements.
MEDIA CREDENTIAL POLICY
- Media credentials will be issued only to recognized daily newspapers, news services, racing publications and other publications and internet sites that regularly cover motorsports, national television and radio networks and local television stations.
- Requests must be submitted by the editor, sports editor, sports director or sports producer. Credentials will be issued to authorized personnel only for the purpose of providing timely coverage of the event.
- Freelance journalists and photographers must be on assignment and included on the application form submitted by the news agency's editor.
- Working media credentials will not be issued for employees in marketing, promotions, sales, advertising, public relations, etc.
- All applications will be carefully screened.
How To Apply
- If you have not previously covered an event at Daytona International Speedway, please complete the Media Application Form and mail it in with a letter of request on company letterhead. Include copies of your publication and tear sheets of previous race coverage, which should include the credits of the reporters/photographers for which you are requesting. This applies to traditional publications and internet sites.
- The Media Application Form and letter of request must be submitted by mail to:
- Daytona International Speedway 1801 West International Speedway Blvd. Daytona Beach, FL 32114
- If you have covered events at Daytona International Speedway in the past complete the Credential Application Form and send by e-mail to DIS-Credentials@daytonainternationalspeedway.com or by mail to the address above.
- All requests must be received at least 14 days in advance of the event to be given consideration.
- Upon review and approval of a news agency's application, appropriate media credentials will be arranged and confirmation will be sent. Each person receiving a credential must pick up and sign for his/her credential at the Speedway Credential Office on Dunn Ave.
Annual Hard Cards
Journalists who posses an Annual Hard Card issued by the respective sanctioning bodies and are on assignment to cover the event are required to submit an application to reserve seats in the media facilities and parking. A parking pass and media facility access sticker will be mailed if time allows, otherwise it will be held for pick up at the Speedway Credential Office on Dunn Avenue.
Some sanctioning bodies issue Annual Hard Cards to photographers, which only provide access to the pits and garage area. It does not provide access to media areas or restricted photo areas, nor does it secure event parking. Daytona International Speedway will provide credentials with appropriate access and parking only to those photographers who are on assignment from an accredited media outlet for the purpose of providing timely coverage of the event.
Please coordinate credential requirements and parking needs with the editorial side of your news organization. Separate requests cannot be accomodated.
January Testing Sessions
For January testing, because of the Holidays, requests must be received for Rolex 24 testing no later than December 15, and for NASCAR testing, requests must be received no later than December 20.