For the past 11 years, DAYTONA USA, "The Official Attraction of NASCAR," has been delivering magical motorsports memories to both hard-core race fans and casual observers through hands-on activities, challenging thrills and one-of-a-kind sights.
This year, the attraction continues to offer fans the thrills of racing at "The World Center of Racing." However, in an effort to align "The Official Attraction of NASCAR" with NASCAR's biggest, richest and most prestigious race -- the Daytona 500 -- DAYTONA USA will be renamed the Daytona 500 Experience beginning July 1, 2007. A new logo will accompany the name change as well as a new website address. Fans can see the new logo at www.Daytona500Experience.com.
"More than 90 percent of the motorsports attraction is geared toward NASCAR and the equity and brand recognition of the Daytona 500 is unparalleled," said Daytona International Speedway President Robin Braig. "Incorporating the name 'Daytona 500' into the attraction will help to continue to grow the facility."
The name change is only phase one of what will be many more changes at the Daytona 500 Experience. The Daytona 500 Experience will continue to look to add new elements and amenities for guests visiting the attraction.
Other exciting things to see at the attraction include:
· NASCAR's Car of Tomorrow: The NASCAR Car of Tomorrow exhibit inside Daytona 500 Experience is a completed version of Jeff Gordon's No. 24 DuPont Automotive Finishes Chevrolet complete with the Car of Tomorrow body design and features, highlighted by the rear wing.
· Daytona 500 Champions Walk of Fame: At the Daytona 500 Champions Walk of Fame, race fans, much like the world famous Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, can mill around the outside of the attraction gazing down at the 3x3 cement blocks that showcase the past 10 Daytona 500 champion's handprints, right foot and autograph in the legendary cement. During the Pepsi 400 weekend, Kevin Harvick, champion of the 2007 Daytona 500 will partake in this special ceremony.
· Richard Petty Driving Experience: Strap in and Hold on! Experience real life racing thrills by riding shotgun in a 2-seat NASCAR-style race car driven by a professional instructor or be in the driver's seat with your hands on the wheel and your foot on the gas around the 31° banked turns of the historic 2.5 mile Daytona International Speedway.
Interactive Simulators: At ACCELERATION ALLEY, guests are pitted against each other to vie for the checkered flag in the Daytona 500. Daytona Dream Laps is an iWERKS motion simulator ride based on NASCAR's premier race, the Daytona 500. Take a fantasy ride in Toyota Tundra's Thunder Road. This two-seat full motion simulator allows riders to experience the thrill of racing in a Toyota Tundra and includes a 360-degree flip!
· 16-Second Pit Stop Challenge: Grab an air gun, strap on some gloves, and try to beat the clock in this fast-paced test of skill as you try to try to beat the time of our pit crew in this lightening fast stop for gas and tires!
· Pepsi IMAX Theatre: The Pepsi IMAX Theatre at DAYTONA USA is the only place in Central Florida where fans can view "NASCAR 3D: The IMAX Experience" in 3D and the award-winning "The Daytona 500: The Movie.
· Winning Daytona 500 Car: Be part of the biggest celebration of the NASCAR season and See the current Daytona 500-winning car in the exact condition it was when it crossed the finish line in Gatorade Victory Lane. Currently on display is the No. 29 Shell Chevrolet driven by Kevin Harvick who won the 49th annual Daytona 500 on February 18,
· Speedway Tour: See what goes on behind the scenes at the "World Center of Racing" on a 30 minute open-air tram through Daytona International Speedway's garage area, pit road, and the world-famous 31-degree high banks. The tour also makes stops at Pit Road and Gatorade Victory Lane.
· 4th Turn Grill: After exploring the "World Center of Racing" make a pit stop at the 4th Turn Grill. Quench your thirst with an ice cold Pepsi and satisfy your hunger with an entrée from Americrown's on site grill.
· Gift Shop: Commemorate your time at the Daytona 500 Experience and load up on all the gear you need to be the ultimate race fan. The gift shop is stocked with all the Daytona International Speedway, Daytona 500 Experience and NASCAR gear that you could want.
· Ticket Office: Race fans can purchase tickets for all the races at Daytona International Speedway, including the Daytona 500 in February and the Pepsi 400 in July right from the ticket office located within the attraction.
6.14.2019Tickets for the 2020 DAYTONA 500 and all Speedweeks Presented By AdventHealth events are on sale now.
6.12.2019Team Penske driver Ryan Blaney and Daytona International Speedway partner on special Coke Zero Sugar 400 ticket package.
6.11.2019Two Medal of Honor Recipients to be honored during Coke Zero Sugar 400 weekend July 4-6.
6.11.2019Tickets for the 62nd Annual DAYTONA 500 will go on sale on Friday, June 14.