Posted on 3.2.2008 in West Lot Overnight Parking
Daytona International Speedway will continue the tradition of exciting, must-see activities as well as thrilling motorcycle racing at "The World Center of Racing" during upcoming Daytona 200 Week By Honda on Feb. 29 - March 8 Complete Coverage
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Feb. 21, 2008) – Daytona International Speedway will continue the tradition of exciting, must-see activities as well as thrilling motorcycle racing at “The World Center of Racing” during upcoming Daytona 200 Week By Honda on Feb. 29 – March 8.
Daytona International Speedway will once again host Kickstand City. In addition to offering a wide-variety of overnight parking packages and the exciting on-track racing, Daytona International Speedway will offer a plethora of must-see activities for any motorcycle enthusiast.
· Free demo rides: Outside of historic Daytona International Speedway, motorcycle enthusiasts can test-ride the latest and greatest motorcycles with free manufacturer demo rides. Top OEM’s participating include Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Harley-Davidson, Buell, Victory, Triumph, Boss Hoss, BMW and more. Custom builders will be located in the area outside of Turn 4 include Covington, Bourget, Redneck, Ridley, Big Dog Motorcycles, S&S Cycles, Swift and many more. The metric display will be located in Lot 1. Riders must hold a valid motorcycle driver license and DOT approved helmet in order to participate in the demo rides. Demo rides run Friday, February 29 - Saturday, March 8.
· Motorcycle Racing: Daytona International Speedway will have a jam-packed schedule of bikes races between February 29 – March 8 with racing from the American Sport Bike Association and the Championship Cup Series, the SunTrust MOTO-ST Series, AHRMA, AMA Flat Track, AMA Supercross and AMA Superbike. Culminating the two-weeks of motorcycle racing will be the Daytona Supercross By Honda on Friday night, March 7 and the prestigious 67th Daytona 200 By Honda and the opening round of the AMA Superbike Series on Saturday, March 8. Tickets for al the races are available at www.racetickets.com or call 1-800-PITSHOP.
· Daytona Motorcycle Marketplace: Bikers can find the nation’s top aftermarket parts, accessories and apparel companies at the Daytona Motorcycle Marketplace, which will be located in the parking lot of The Daytona 500 Experience. The Daytona Motorcycle Marketplace will be open February 29 - March 8.
· Spring Dash Around Daytona: On Wednesday, March 5, bikers will get the chance of a lifetime to ride Daytona International Speedway in the Spring Dash Around Daytona. The parade lap will begin at 7 p.m. followed by the After Party until 9 p.m. Price is $40 per participant and includes an “I Rode Daytona” T-shirt, two parade laps around DIS, two beverage tickets and entertainment at the After Party in the Sprint FANZONE.
Tickets for the Spring Dash Around Daytona are available in the Budweiser Cool Your Pipes Zone outside of Turn 4 on March 1, 2 and 4, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Wednesday, March 5 from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Volusia/Flagler County Coalition for the Homeless Inc.
· Budweiser Cool Your Pipes Zone: Cool your pipes with two great names….Budweiser and Daytona International Speedway! Spend the day catching up with old friends at the Budweiser Cool Your Pipes Zone, located just outside the Speedway’s twin tunnels. Enjoy a cold Budweiser and great food next to the area’s largest vendor, display and demo ride marketplace.
· Specialty Vehicle, Overnight Parking: Specialty vehicles and overnight tent parking are available inside “The World Center of Racing.” Overnight Specialty Vehicle Parking (with hook-ups) is available for $600 and overnight specialty vehicle parking (no hook-ups) is $400. Both of those packages include two 10-day admissions. Overnight tent camping is free with your daily admission ticket and motorcycle trailer parking (West Lot) is $100. For more information, call 1-800-PITSHOP.
· Daytona Pro Bike Builders Bike Show: Make sure and stop by Daytona Pro Builders Bike Row on Friday, March 7 inside the historic infield at Daytona International Speedway and check out the Custom V-Twin and American Cruiser Motorcycles. You can visit Daytona Pro Builders Bike Row by entering through our Turn 4 tunnel (admission to this location is free) and see builders, their products and many other displays and activities in this location.
Among the bike builders expected to be in attendance include Chickie with Vagabond Chopper Co., Troy Nicholson of Lightning Cycle Works, Santiago Choppers, Callahan Custom Choppers and Greg’s Custom Cycles
· Jagermeister Mobile Stage: the Jagermeister Mobile Stage will be located inside the hallowed grounds of “The World Center of Racing.” The Jagermeister Mobile Stage will entertain guests with live performances on February 29 - March 8 from 11:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. from the famed Bike Builders Row venue located along legendary Lake Lloyd, which guests can access FREE through our Turn 4 tunnel (FREE infield access runs Feb. 29 through March 7).
· Import Bike Show: Inside the Sprint FANZONE on Saturday, March 8, DIS will host an Import Bike Show with Custom Import, Sport, Metric motorcycles. The show begins at 10 a.m. and is included in the infield admission.
· D5X: The motorsports attraction will have free admission on Friday, March 7 and Saturday, March 8, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Known as The Daytona 500 Experience, the official attraction of NASCAR will go by the name of D5X and celebrate Daytona 200 Week By Honda with food, beverages and the live band Outbreak, which will play each day between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.
D5X just recently welcome the 2008 Daytona 500 winning car of Ryan Newman.
9.19.2018ISC Weather Protection Program allows guests to exchange tickets not used on a rescheduled race date for a future NASCAR event.
9.18.2018Tickets for the 2019 DAYTONA Supercross and Bike Week camping are on sale now including a new seating section.
9.12.2018Get your tickets now for the 10th Annual 'Taste of the 24' during the 2019 Rolex 24 At DAYONA.
8.29.2018Daytona International Speedway teams up with OneBlood and WESH for 13th Annual 'Drive to Donate' Blood Drive started to honor victims of Sept. 11.