DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- There is so much to see and do during the 48th Rolex 24 At Daytona on Jan. 30-31. Here’s a list of must-see activities for attending North America’s most prestigious sports car race.
1. Take a walk through the Rolex Series garage and see the teams working on the cars and photograph a few of the drivers.
2. Stop by the vendor area to get a look at the latest in motorsports books, posters and apparel. Be sure to visit the GRAND-AM souvenir trailer to look at the slot cars and die-cast cars. It’s a great opportunity to get a t-shirt of your favorite driver, or perhaps a GRAND-AM sweat shirt if it gets chilly during the evening.
3. Visit the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge garage to see the many new cars that will be racing this season.
4. For a special treat, join the Champion’s Club inside the Daytona 500 Club, and enjoy either a two-day or four-day exclusive package for VIP treatment throughout the Rolex 24.
5. Get your picture taken for free with a Daytona Prototype and the Rolex 24 At Daytona trophy in Gatorade Victory Lane.
6. Walk the infield of the circuit during Thursday night practice to find your favorite viewing locations for the race.
7. Stop by the Rolex 24 Heritage Exhibition to celebrate cars made famous in past runnings of the Rolex 24. Also tour the Goodyear Legends of Daytona area which honors sports car, stock car and motorcycle competitors who made history at Daytona. Then watch the cars on track Saturday morning’s Rolex 24 Heritage Exhibition and re-live the history of the Rolex 24.
8. Visit the Grassroots Motorsports tent, try your hand at slot car racing or tackle a racing simulator.
9. Visit Daytona 500 Experience to see Lyn St. James’ new Women in the Winners Circle exhibit.
10. Run in Saturday morning’s Daytona 5K – one lap of the road circuit - so you can tell your friends you raced on the same course that was used in the Rolex 24. You might get the opportunity to rub elbows with a few of the crewmen or drivers along the way! Another option is walking the 2.5-mile superspeedway.
11. Don’t miss Saturday’s giant autograph session in the Sprint FANZONE. You will be hard pressed to find another place in the world where the greatest drivers are all signing autographs at the same time.
12. Visit the grid prior to the race to see the cars up close and crews make final preparations in the pits.
13. Stand or sit in the infield tri-oval grass to watch all of the drivers cross the stage in driver introductions.
14. Find a seat in the grandstands overlooking turn one for an overview of all of the action early in the race. Then, move to the center of the grandstands to watch the action in the pits for a round or two of pit stops.
15. Stop by the Fresh From Florida Activity Zone to sample the Chili Cookoff – then vote for your favorite.
16. Visit the Wine and Cheese party and taste a variety of cheeses while sampling a few exquisite wines while the sports cars buzz in the background.
17. Go to the infield to sit in the grandstand by the East Horseshoe to see the drivers tackle the challenging turn up close.
18. Sit high in the grandstand near the West Horseshoe to be able to see the drivers tackle the infield, and then turn around to see them transition to the banking.
19. Visit the infield carnival and take a spin on the largest Ferris Wheel on the East Coast. Watch the race from 150 feet above the action!
20. Find a seat high in the main grandstands to watch the sun come up and the race transition from night into morning.
21. For a really unique view of the action, purchase a parasail ride on Lake Lloyd. Visit the Centurion Boats pier located behind the Camping World Center.
22. Enjoy Uncle Robbie’s Breakfast Garage to fuel up for the exciting climax of the Rolex 24.
23. Head to your favorite viewing location to enjoy the final thrilling laps of the Rolex 24 and watch another chapter of history being made in America’s premier sports car race!
24. Head to Gatorade Victory Lane to view the pageantry of the Rolex 24 post-race Gatorade Victory Lane ceremonies.
3.23.2020We are crushed to say that Epicenter, Welcome To Rockville and Sonic Temple are being canceled due to the governmental restrictions on mass gatherings.
3.19.2020Letter From Chip Wile, President of Daytona International Speedway
3.18.2020NASCAR Cup Series Drivers and Racing Icons to Compete in Esports Series;
Exhibition Races to Provide Fans with Entertaining Content While NASCAR’s National Series Await Return
3.13.2020The 79th DAYTONA 200 will be held as part of Biketoberfest in October and the DAYTONA TT will be rescheduled on a future date.