53rd Annual Daytona 500 Tickets Go On Sale Friday
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – The race to purchase coveted tickets for the 53rd running of the Daytona 500 on Sunday, Feb. 20 is about to begin.
Tickets for the 2011 edition of “The Great American Race” – NASCAR’s biggest, richest and most prestigious race – will go on sale this Friday at 9 a.m. (EST).
Prior to Friday, June 18, only renewals for seat assignments for the 53rd running of the Daytona 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race were taken by the ticket office at Daytona International Speedway.
For the third straight year, tickets for the 2011 Daytona 500 – which will be the first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event on the new asphalt at Daytona International Speedway – will start at $55.
Immediately following the Coke Zero 400 Weekend Powered By Coca-Cola on Monday, July 5, Daytona International Speedway’s entire 2.5-mile tri-oval will be repaved as well as the skid pads, apron and pit road. The repaving project will be completed in time for Speedweeks 2011 and the 2011 Daytona 500.
“A new chapter in the history of the Daytona 500 will be written on a new racing surface in 2011,” Daytona International Speedway President Robin Braig said. “The Daytona 500 is one of the most-sought after tickets in racing and we encourage our guests to purchase their tickets early to ensure they have the best seats to witness what will be a historic day in motorsports.”
Daytona International Speedway offers several convenient methods for fans to purchase tickets to “The Great American Race.”
• Online atwww.daytonainternationalspeedway.com
• Calling 1-800-PITSHOP
• Visiting the Daytona International Speedway ticket office inside the lobby of Daytona 500 Experience
Also available for purchase throughwww.daytonainternationalspeedway.com
or 1-800-PITSHOP include:
• Tickets for other Speedweeks 2011 events, including the DRIVE 4COPD 300 NASCAR Nationwide Series race, the NextEra Energy Resources 250 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race, the Gatorade Duel At Daytona, the Budweiser Shootout, the Lucas Oil Slick Mist 200 ARCA Racing Series presented by RE/MAX and Menards, Daytona 500 Qualifying presented by Kroger and the Rolex 24 At Daytona
• Hospitality packages and Sprint FANZONE/Pre-Race Pit Passes for the Daytona 500.
• Tickets for the upcoming Coke Zero 400 Powered By Coca-Cola Weekend on July 1-3, including the Coke Zero 400 Powered By Coca-Cola and Brumos Porsche 250 GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series race on Saturday, July 3 and the Subway Jalapeno 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race on Friday, July 2. Tickets for the Coke Zero 400 Powered By Coca-Cola start at $40.