DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Daytona International Speedway and Paul Reed Smith Guitars (PRS Guitars) have joined forces to bring top-notch entertainment to the historic 50th anniversary of the Rolex 24 At Daytona as well as add another incentive for teams to win the prestigious twice-around-the-clock challenge on Jan. 28-29.
Through a partnership with the “World Center of Racing,” Daytona International Speedway and PRS Guitars will showcase three different concerts during the two-day Rolex 24 At Daytona, the season-opening event to the GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series season.
Guitar sensation Orianthi, whose solo debut album “Believe” featured the hit singles “According to You” and “Shut Up and Kiss Me,” will take to the Entertainment Stage in the Sprint FANZONE on Saturday night, Jan. 28 at 8 p.m. British blues guitar singer Davy Knowles will perform on Sunday, Jan. 29 at 11 a.m.
In addition, the overall winning team from the North America’s premier sports car race will be presented with a specially designed, limited edition 50th anniversary of the Rolex 24 At Daytona PRS Private Stock guitar in Gatorade Victory Lane.
The Private Stock guitar will be wrapped in 50th anniversary of the Rolex 24 At Daytona livery and will have a rosewood fingerboard, mahogany back and sides and a figured maple top with matching headstock veneer.
Sports car fans will also have a rare opportunity to win their own specially designed 50th anniversary of the Rolex 24 At Daytona PRS Private Stock guitar through a special promotion with PRS Guitars and Guitar Aficionado magazine, which will award two VIP experiences to the Rolex 24 At Daytona. The VIP Experiences include:
• 50th anniversary of the Rolex 24 At Daytona PRS Private Stock guitar signed by past winners of the Rolex 24
• All-access credentials for the Rolex 24 At Daytona
• Hot lap rides around Daytona International Speedway in a passenger vehicle with four-time Rolex 24 champion Scott Pruett
• One Magnum of Pruett’s 50th anniversary commemorative Rolex 24 At Daytona Syrah
• VIP suite access during the Rolex 24
• Visit in the starter stand during the Rolex 24 and a private behind the scenes tour of the race control, TV operations, garage area and a team transporter
• Access to Gatorade Victory Lane for the post-race victory celebration
For more information and how enter the contest, visit www.GuitarAficionado.com/PRSGrandAm
The Rolex 24 At Daytona, the kick-off event to Speedweeks 2012 as well as the international motorsports calendar, showcases the world’s best drivers competing against each other lap after lap for 24 hours on Daytona International Speedway’s challenging and demanding 3.56-mile road course.
Tickets for the 50th anniversary of the Rolex 24 At Daytona are on sale online at www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com or by calling 1-800-PITSHOP.