2012 Daytona 200 Week: Things to Do
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Daytona 200 Week is back and more action-packed than ever. Motorcycle enthusiasts can take part in this famous spring tradition with activities on and off the track, while they watch their favorite motorcycle stars duke it out in the Daytona Supercross By Honda on Saturday, March 10, the AMA Pro Flat Track doubleheader on Thursday, March 15 and Friday, March 16 and the AMA Pro Racing events highlighted by the 71st running of the Daytona 200 on Saturday, March 17.
Among the activities the “World Center of Racing” has planned are:
• Free demo rides: Outside of the famous Daytona International Speedway, motorcycle enthusiasts can test-ride the latest and greatest motorcycles with free demo rides from top manufacturers. Riders must have a DOT-approved helmet and motorcycle endorsement on their driver’s license in order to demo.
• Daytona Motorcycle Marketplace: Bikers can find the nation’s top parts, accessories and apparel companies all in one place at the Daytona Motorcycle Marketplace located throughout the display areas.
• Thunder Alley: Head to Thunder Alley and kick back with your friends as you enjoy a cold Budweiser and great food at the Budweiser Cool Your Pipes Zone. Located outside Turn 4, Thunder Alley will also showcase entertainment, games and contests.
• Bikini contest: The annual Hooters bikini contest and fashion show sponsored by Hot Leathers is back and will take place in Thunder Alley at 1 p.m. on Saturday, March 17.
• Spring Dash: Experience the ride of a lifetime – two laps around Daytona International Speedway’s 3.56-mile road course. Tackle the historic twists and turns in the seventh annual Spring Dash Around Daytona on Saturday, March 17 immediately after the Daytona 200. Tickets are $30 per bike.
For more information on the activities off the track during Daytona 200 Week, visit www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com or call 1-800-PITSHOP.
No Events Found