DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. –With the largest social media following of any NASCAR venue, Daytona International Speedway has set the bar for how it connects with fans during a race weekend and throughout the season.
The speedway recently launched a number of new initiatives leading up to the Coke Zero 400 Powered By Coca-Cola weekend on July 6-7:
- Mobile App: In addition to the many great original app features such as the friend finder, personal schedule builder and GPS-enabled map, a new fan photo postcard function is available along with new app-style navigation icons and a QR code scanner. Download the mobile app to your Sprint® smart phone via Android Marketplace or the iTunes Store.
- DISINFO Text Messaging: Want to receive text messages with the latest schedule, parking, race times and other event related information during the Coke Zero 400 Powered By Coca-Cola Weekend? Text DISINFO to 69050 to sign-up now. The texting service will be active starting on July 5.
- Social Squad: Once again, roaming teams of volunteers will help fans check-in and like DIS on Facebook, follow on Twitter and Google+ and demo the mobile app.
- Facebook: Fans can buy tickets directly or “trick out” their virtual RV with My RV Rocks!
- Twitter: Follow the racing action all weekend long with #CokeSubwayJalapeno250; #CokeZero400 and of course, #NASCAR.
- Google+: DIS established its presence for fans to stay up to date on the latest happenings at the “World Center of Racing” all season long.
The stars of NASCAR return to Daytona International Speedway on July 6-7. Tickets to the Coke Zero 400 Powered By Coca-Cola NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race, featuring a special hour-long pre-race concert by multiplatinum, Grammy-winning superstars Train, and the Subway Jalapeno 250 NASCAR Nationwide Series race are available by calling 1-800-PITSHOP or online at www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com.
Also, don’t forget to take advantage of our special kids’ pricing. Kids 12 and under receive free general admission tickets to the Subway Jalapeno 250, free admission to the Sprint FANZONE all weekend long, and a $10 ticket for the Coke Zero 400 Powered By Coca-Cola while supplies last.
Be sure to catch the Coke Zero 400 live from Daytona International Speedway on Saturday, July 7 at 6:30 p.m. ET on TNT.
Fans can follow NASCAR on Twitter (@NASCAR) and stay up to speed on the latest news by using hashtags #NASCAR and #COKEZERO400. In addition, fans can also stay connected with Daytona International Speedway on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ for all the latest news all season long.
5.16.2018Toby Keith, Chris Stapleton, Dierks Bentley, Sugarland, Billy Currington, Randy Houser, Tyler Farr and more perform at DAYTONA during Memorial Day Weekend.
5.7.2018Daytona International Speedway's 'NASCAR Day' celebration returns to the ticket and tours building on Friday, May 18
5.1.2018Longtime Daytona International Speedway employee Juanita ‘Lightnin’ Epton celebrates 60th service anniversary at ‘World Center of Racing'
3.17.2018Danny Eslick adds another DAYTONA 200 trophy to his collection with a fourth win.