On and Off the Track, DIS Boasts Busy Schedule of Activities during Fall Cycle Scene
On the track, the Speedway’s 3.51-mile road course will showcase for the first time an electric motorcycle race with the TTXGP, the Team Hammer Advanced School, the AMA Roadrace Grand Championships, vintage racing from American Historic Motorcycle Racing Association (AHMRA) as well as Championship Cup Series (CCS) sprint races and the American Sportbike Racing Association (ASRA) finals.
TTXGP, the world’s first zero carbon sanctioned motorsports event, will qualify on Saturday and race on Sunday morning. It’ll be the first time the series has held a final in the United States.
Outside the “World Center of Racing,” there will also be numerous motorcycle activities to check out including:
• Monster Dash: The annual Monster Dash returns on Friday night, Oct. 19 where bikers will have the opportunity to take two parade laps around the Speedway. Tickets are $30 per bike and can be purchased in advance by calling 1-800-PITSHOP or the day of the event.
• Free Demo Rides: Motorcycle enthusiasts can test-ride the newest rides from top manufacturers.
• Vendors and displays: Bikers can visit with over 100 of the nation’s top aftermarket product vendors or get an up close look at the cruiser and sport bike manufacturers and custom bike builders have to offer in their display areas.
• Budweiser Cool Your Pipes Zone and Thunder Alley: Bikers can spend the day catching up with old friends at the Budweiser Cool Your Pipes Zone inside Thunder Alley in the Midway where they can enjoy a cold Budweiser and great food next to the area’s largest vendor, display and demo ride marketplace. Thunder Alley will also showcase entertainment, games and contests.
• Bikini contest: The annual Hooters bikini contest and Hot Leathers Fashion Show will be staged in Thunder Alley on Saturday, Oct. 20, 2 p.m.
• RV Parking: RV parking is available inside the “World Center of Racing” infield. RV Camping (with hook-ups) is available for $295 and RV camping (no hook-ups) is $175 which also includes two adult admissions for the weekend’s racing activities. Motorcycle trailer parking is $25. For more information, call 1-800-PITSHOP.
Tickets for Fall Cycle Scene start at $10 and an Advance Super Four-Day Ticket is available for $50 and includes access to the infield, Sprint FANZONE, garage and free parking. Tickets can be purchased at www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com, by calling 1-800-PITSHOP or at the gate.
Race fans can also stay connected with Daytona International Speedway on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest for all the latest news all year long.
No Events Found