Daytona International Speedway, home to NASCAR’s most prestigious event, the DAYTONA 500, will host a “NASCAR Day” celebration on Friday, May 20 at the Center Injector of the Speedway’s new stadium, helping to spread awareness of The NASCAR Foundation’s “10 Years of Giving” campaign.
Between 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., there will be lunch specials, raffle prizes, music and contests. Lunch combos will be available for $3, while raffle tickets will be $1. Prizes to be awarded will include:
- A helmet signed by 2016 DAYTONA 500 champion Denny Hamlin
- A pair of tickets and Pre-Race Sprint FANZONE passes for the Subway Firecracker 250 Powered By Coca-Cola.
- A pair of three-day tickets for the Country 500 – The Great American Music Fest at DAYTONA
- A Richard Petty Driving Experience ride-along package
- Rounds of golf at Crane Lakes Country Club, Daytona Beach Country Club, LPGA, Riverbend Golf Club, Riviera Country Club and Sugar Mill Country Club
- Family pack of four tickets to LEGOLAND
- Two tickets to the 2017 “Taste of the 24” event at Daytona International Speedway
- Accommodation packages at a variety of area hotels
In addition, OneBlood will host a blood drive on-site in its “Big Red Bus” from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Donors will receive a limited edition T-shirt and a wellness check-up that will include a cholesterol screening. Donors also will be entered for a chance to win (2) three-day general admission weekend passes to the Country 500 on Memorial Day weekend.
Guests can access Speedway property at the intersection of International Speedway Boulevard and Fentress Boulevard where they will be directed to the parking area in front of the Center Injector.
The NASCAR Foundation, NASCAR’s charitable arm, was founded in 2006 by Betty Jane France and established a mission to improve the quality of life and health of children in need throughout the United States.
In support of that mission, all proceeds from the celebration will benefit The NASCAR Foundation’s Speediatrics children’s care unit in Daytona Beach.
Fans can follow NASCAR and The NASCAR Foundation on Twitter (@NASCAR and @NASCAR_FDN) and keep up with the latest news by using the hashtags #NASCAR, #forthekids and #speediatrics. Fans can stay connected with Daytona International Speedway on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Snapchat (username: DISupdates), and by downloading the new version of Daytona International Speedway’s mobile app, for the latest Speedway news throughout the season.
7.11.2018A few of our favorite fan photos of the weekend!
7.8.2018Erik Jones wins 60th Annual Coke Zero Sugar 400 in ‘Double NASCAR Overtime’ for first Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series victory.
7.6.2018Chase Elliott wins the pole for the Coke Zero Sugar 400; Kyle Larson wins the Coca-Cola Firecracker 250.
7.6.2018Prior to the Coke Zero Sugar 400, the 82nd Airborne Division's 'All-American' Chorus will perform the National Anthem.
7.5.2018Clint Bowyer leads Coke Zero Sugar 400 practice, Qualifying for 60th Annual Event Set for Friday.