COMPETITION ON THE HIGH BANKS
Denny Hamlin eyes the Daytona double: 2016 DAYTONA 500 champion Denny Hamlin will attempt to pull off the Daytona double by winning both NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races in the same year. Drivers to previously sweep the DAYTONA 500 and the Coke Zero 400 Powered By Coca-Cola in the same season are Jimmie Johnson (2013), Bobby Allison (1982), Fireball Roberts (1962), Cale Yarborough (1968) and LeeRoy Yarbrough (1969).
The race to make the Chase: The race to make the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup continues. With a victory in the Coke Zero 400, drivers can secure a berth in the 10-race Chase for the Sprint Cup.
Stewart’s final Sprint Cup start at Daytona: Four-time Coke Zero 400 champion Tony Stewart is competing in his final full-time NASCAR season and will make his final Sprint Cup Series start at Daytona International Speedway in the Coke Zero 400. Stewart has 19 overall wins at DIS, second on the all-time wins list. Stewart enters Daytona riding high after his road course victory last weekend in Sonoma, which snapped an 84-race losing skid. In order to race for a fourth NASCAR Sprint Cup title in the Chase for the Sprint Cup, Stewart needed to win a race this season and finish inside the top 30 points. Stewart currently sits nine points out of 30th.
Defending race champion: Dale Earnhardt Jr. is the defending champion of the Coke Zero 400. Earnhardt Jr. will try to join the back-to-back club of Coke Zero 400 champions including Fireball Roberts (1962-63), A.J. Foyt (1964-65), Cale Yarborough (1967-68), David Pearson (1972-74) and Tony Stewart (2005-06).
FOR THE FANS
July 4th Weekend Is Getting A Huge Upgrade With World’s First Motorsports Stadium: This will be the first Coke Zero 400 Powered By Coca-Cola NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race in the new motorsports stadium, which was unveiled during Speedweeks 2016 after a $400 million renovation. Among the new amenities are:
- All-new wider and more comfortable seats with armrests, cup holders and improved sightlines
- Spacious concourses
- Escalators and elevators
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the concourses, Midway, Sprint FANZONE and campgrounds
- Twice as many restrooms and three times as many concessions and merchandise stands
- Three new large video display boards in addition to two existing video boards
The new Daytona International Speedway is the world’s only motorsports stadium – a world-class facility with premium amenities unmatched in the industry.
Tickets start at $40: Bring the family to celebrate the Fourth of July holiday with DIS featuring the biggest fireworks show in the Southeast.
- Tickets for the Coke Zero 400 Powered By Coca-Cola start at $80 and tickets for the Subway Firecracker 250 Powered By Coca-Cola NASCAR XFINITY Series race begin at $40.
- Special kid’s pricing:
- Reserved seating for kids 12 and under is $20 on Saturday and $10 on Friday
- Kids 12 and under receive free admission to Sprint FANZONE and infield all weekend
Fireworks and entertainment: Fireworks by Santore in Flagler County will illuminate the sky with the largest fireworks show in the Southeast on Saturday night. In addition, there will be a pre-race concert by multi-platinum country music duo Montgomery Gentry prior to Saturday’s Coke Zero 400 Powered By Coca-Cola.
Sprint FANZONE: The fan interactive area located in the infield of Daytona International Speedway will be a busy place for fans during the race weekend. Many of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers will participate in question and answer sessions and the NASCAR XFINITY Series drivers and the Congressional Medal of Honor recipients will participate in an autograph session.
FIRST CLASS ENTERTAINMENT AND HONORARY GUESTS
Montgomery Gentry performs: Montgomery Gentry, the multi-platinum country music duo comprised of Eddie Montgomery and Troy Gentry, will perform a 60-minute pre-race concert prior to the Coke Zero 400. Montgomery Gentry returns to Daytona International Speedway after having recently participated in the inaugural Country 500 – The Great American Music Fest on Memorial Day weekend. The country music duo has released 11 albums, three of which have gone platinum: Tattoos & Scars, My Town and You Do Your Thing. Their most recent album, Folks Like Us, was released in June 2015.
Honorary Pace Car driver Jaguars Linebacker Telvin Smith: Telvin Smith, linebacker for the NFL’s Jacksonville Jaguars, will serve as Honorary Pace Car Driver for the Coke Zero 400. Smith will lead the field around the 2.5-mile tri-oval in a Toyota Camry Pace Car prior to the start of the race. Smith played college football at Florida State University before being chosen by the Jaguars in the fifth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. Smith will also participate in a question-and-answer session in Sprint FANZONE, pre-race ceremonies and attend the drivers’ meeting. In 2015, Smith started all 14 games he played in, tallying 128 tackles (99 solo) and returned one interception 26 yards for a touchdown; he also owns the NFL’s longest active streak of 16 straight games with six-plus tackles. In his two-year NFL career, Smith has started 24 games and his 227 total tackles are the most ever by a Jaguars player in their first two seasons. In 2014 his 99 tackles were ranked third among NFL rookies and he was one of only two rookies to record multiple sacks and an interception.
Congressional Medal of Honor recipients: During the Coke Zero 400 Weekend, Daytona International Speedway will continue the renewed tradition of honoring Congressional Medal of Honor recipients. Being recognized this year are Staff Sergeant Ty Carter, U.S. Army (Afghanistan); Command Sergeant Major Gary Littrell, U.S. Army (Vietnam) and Captain Florent Groberg, U.S. Army (Afghanistan). Over the course of the Fourth of July weekend these three recipients will also be honored at a luncheon, attend the drivers’ meetings, participate in pre-race ceremonies for both Friday night’s Subway Firecracker 250 Powered By Coca-Cola NASCAR XFINITY Series race and Saturday night’s Coke Zero 400 Powered By Coca-Cola NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race. In addition, they will participate in an autograph session in Sprint FANZONE prior to Saturday night’s race. This will be the eighth straight year that DIS has recognized Congressional Medal of Honor recipients during the Coke Zero 400 Weekend, a practice that was originally started by Bill France Sr. in the 1970s.
Military tributes: Other Coke Zero 400 Weekend military salutes include:
- NASCAR XFINITY Series drivers will bear the names of active military units and installations on their race car windshields during Friday’s Subway Firecracker 250 Powered By Coca-Cola.
- The 65th Infantry Regiment of the U.S. Army, nicknamed “The Borinqueneers,” a Puerto Rican regiment, will be in attendance. The Borinqueneers were awarded the Congressional Gold Medal for their service during WWI, WWII and Korea. The Borinqueneers are named such after Puerto Rico’s original name, Borinquen. The group amassed 10 Distinguished Service Crosses, 250+ Silver Stars, 600+ Bronze Stars and almost 3,000 Purple Hearts.
- The Coke Zero 400 flyover will be performed by four F-16s from the 93rd Fighter Squadron from Homestead Air Reserve Base. The national anthem will be performed by the U.S. Army Maneuver Center of Excellence Band from Fort Benning, Ga. During the national anthem, 195 military members will unfurl a 150’x300’ American flag during the national anthem.
- Retired U.S. Air Force Sergeant Kelly Miller will be Grand Marshal for Friday’s Subway Firecracker 250 Powered By Coca-Cola. A Subway franchisee, Miller served as an aeromedical service specialist, responsible for the healthcare of Air Force pilots and flight crews. Also a Subway franchisee, retired Navy Petty Officer 2nd Class Fred Gardner will serve as the Honorary Starter. Gardner operated the Terrier missile fire control system during Mediterranean tours.
9.13.2019Tickets for the 50th Annual DAYTONA Supercross are on sale now.
9.11.2019Tickets for the 50th Annual DAYTONA Supercross go on sale Friday, Sept. 13.
8.28.2019Tickets are on sale now for The NASCAR Foundation's 2020 Taste of the 24 dining event.
8.21.2019Each Donor Will Receive A Free Ticket Voucher to the 2020 Coca-Cola Firecracker 250