With the world’s only motorsports stadium serving as a backdrop for the first time during Fall Cycle Scene, action on the Speedway’s 3.51-mile road course will kick off on Friday and feature the Team Hammer Riding School. Saturday and Sunday will showcase the Championship Cup Series’ (CCS) Winner-Take-All National Championship Sprints and American Sportbike Racing Association (ASRA) will crown its season champions.
When not watching the action on the track, fans are encouraged to check out the Midway, located along the frontstretch between International Speedway Blvd. and the stadium, which will be brimming with activity beginning Thursday. The Midway provides a one-stop shopping destination with everything from the nation’s top motorcycle parts to Hot Leathers fashion, the Official Bike Week Apparel and Accessories Provider for Daytona International Speedway. Things to do in the Midway include:
- Free demo rides: Motorcycle enthusiasts can take the hottest motorcycles for a test ride with free manufacturer demo rides. Riders must have a DOT-approved helmet and motorcycle endorsement on their driver’s license to participate. Motorcycle manufacturers participating in demo rides include Harley-Davidson, Indian, Suzuki, Victory, Yamaha and Slingshot.
- Speedway Bike Show with Full Throttle Magazine: The Speedway Bike Show with Full Throttle Magazine will take place on Saturday, Oct. 15 next to Harley-Davidson Thunder Alley. Registration is from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. with a $20 entry fee per bike. The awards presentation will be held at 5 p.m. on the Harley-Davidson Thunder Alley Stage. Trophies will be awarded in 10 categories and a $1,000 and $500 cash prize will be awarded to Best in Show and Judge’s Choice, respectively. The 10 categories include:
- Custom/Pro Builder
- Sport Bike
- Anything Goes
- Harley-Davidson Thunder Alley at Daytona: Bikers can spend the day inside Harley-Davidson Thunder Alley enjoying a cold Budweiser and great food next to the area’s largest vendor, display and demo ride marketplace. Harley-Davidson Thunder Alley will also showcase live music and contests.
- Hot Leathers Fashion Show and Bikini Contest: The Hot Leathers Fashion Show and Bikini Contest will be staged on Saturday, Oct. 15 on the Harley-Davidson Thunder Alley Stage.
- Vendors and displays: Guests can visit with approximately 80 of the nation’s top aftermarket product vendors or get a close-up look at what the cruiser and sport bike manufacturers and custom bike builders have to offer in their display areas.
For a complete schedule of Fall Cycle Scene events, click here.
RV camping is available in the “World Center of Racing’s” infield. Gecko Shores at Lake Lloyd (with hook-ups) is available for $295 and GEICO Grounds Red (no hook-ups) is $175; both include two (2) three-day adult admissions for the weekend’s racing activities. Tent camping in the GEICO Campgrounds, located inside Turns 3 and 4, is FREE with your daily or weekend admission ticket. Motorcycle trailer parking, located in GEICO Park West, is $25. For more information, call 1-800-PITSHOP.
A three-day infield admission ticket can be purchased in advance for $50 at www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com, or by calling 1-800-PITSHOP. Tickets can also be purchased at the gate for $10 on Friday and $25 per day Saturday and Sunday; children 12 and under are FREE. All tickets include FREE parking and Sprint FANZONE and garage access.
Fans can stay connected with Daytona International Speedway on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Snapchat (username: DISupdates), and by downloading the new version of Daytona International Speedway’s mobile app, for the latest Speedway news throughout the season.
3.16.2019Kyle Wyman emerges from late-race shootout to win DAYTONA 200.
3.15.2019Rider making DAYTONA 200 debut wins pole at Daytona International Speedway.
3.14.2019Two classes of motorcycles competed: powerful twin-cylinder bikes in the headlining AFT Twins class and single-cylinder machines in the AFT Singles class.
3.13.2019Danny Eslick looks for record-tying fifth DAYTONA 200 title and the redesigned DAYTONA TT course will feature both asphalt and dirt.