- All-New Out-of-Car Experience Featuring a S’Elfie Tunnel, Refreshments and Snacks
- Portion of the Proceeds to Benefit the AdventHealth Foundation in Volusia/Flagler Counties
Magic of Lights, the popular drive-through holiday lights experience, will get the green flag and officially open on Friday, Nov. 22.
Running every day through Jan. 1, guests visiting the “World Center of Racing,” the largest lighted sports facility in North America, will be able to enjoy spectacular displays, using the latest LED technology and digital animations, from the comfort of their vehicle. The experience will include a drive behind the Ticket and Tours Building, through the venue and conclude in the Midway display area.
Back for its third year, Magic of Lights is bringing several new elements for guests to experience and even more holiday lights. New to this year’s Magic of Lights is an out-of-car experience featuring a S’Elfie Tunnel, refreshments and snacks and an expanded route with new displays and an additional 100,000 lights.
Among the new light displays for 2019 are the Ornament Passing and Joy to the World. Returning favorite traditional displays include the Enchanting Tunnel of Lights, 12 Days of Christmas, 200-foot Candy Cane Lane and Snowflake Forest.
This year, a portion of the proceeds from the 2019 Magic of Lights will benefit the AdventHealth facilities throughout Volusia and Flagler counties.
Here are some numbers behind the experience:
- Approximately 10 miles of steel is used to build the displays.
- The steel is designed, bent, cut, and welded into about 725 frames that are combined in different configurations to create the giant winter holiday scenes.
- Scenes are as high as 30 feet and as long as several hundred feet.
- Each Magic of Lights show holds more than 10 miles of LED lights strung inside the displays, in trees and on buildings throughout its course. There are ten different colors of LED bulbs used in the shows.
- Each frame of each scene is computer-designed and hand-built from about 15 pages of design specifications each. The design and “assembly instructions” for Magic of Lights is more than 86,000 pages long.
- Three fabrication facilities in Illinois provided the design, engineering and labor required to build Magic of Lights.
- More than 45,000 hours of work went into the fabrication for this year’s shows alone.
- At Magic of Lights you will drive your car straight through the heart of the up-to-200-foot Enchanted Tunnel of Lights containing tens of thousands of bulbs, all animated into a dizzying and spectacular show of sparkling lights in every direction
- Each show takes a full time crew of 10 people a month to install
Advance tickets are on sale now at www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com or by calling 1-800-PITSHOP.
After that, regular ticket prices include:
- $20 per car in advance, $25 per car at the gate weekdays (Monday through Thursday), or $30 on weekends (Friday through Sunday).
- Oversized vehicles such as limousines or vans for 15 passengers or more will be $40 per vehicle in advance, $45 per vehicle at the gate and $50 on weekend dates.
- A special “Dash Pass” ticket that provides front-of-the-line admission on weekends will be available for $40 per car in advance, $45 per car at the gate. For oversize vehicles, the “Dash Pass” is available for $60 per vehicle in advance and $70 per vehicle at the gate.
- “Double Drive Through” will be on Tuesday nights (excluding Christmas Eve) when guests will be able to drive through the experience twice with only one ticket needed.
- New for 2019, a season pass is available for $100, good for 10 trips through the lights display.
Magic of Lights is produced by a team of family entertainment professionals at FunGuys Events, each with decades of international show experience at the highest level.
Tickets for the 2020 DAYTONA 500 and all DAYTONA Speedweeks presented by AdventHealth events can be purchased online at www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com or by calling 1-800-PITSHOP. Fans can stay connected with Daytona International Speedway on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Snapchat, and by downloading Daytona International Speedway’s mobile app, for the latest Speedway news throughout the season.
11.4.2019Many notable drivers have competed in both iconic events!
10.9.2019What should you bring for a weekend at DAYTONA?
9.25.2019Find out why you should book a VIP Tour today!
9.16.2019We asked, you answered. What is your all-time favorite DAYTONA 500 moment?