DAYTONA 5K AND FUN WALK
Lace up your shoes and stretch your quads as you prepare to conquer the most famous venue in all of racing as the DAYTONA 5K & Fun Walk is back for the 13th appearance before the Rolex 24 At DAYTONA. Whether you choose to challenge yourself by taking on a track that has proved challenging for even the most technologically-advanced cars or you’re just looking to admire the famous DAYTONA banking while getting in a fun exercise, this 5K promises is definitely a one-of-a-kind experience.
Race Day Schedule*
- 5:30 am - Registration Begins
- 7:00 am - 5K Run Begins
- 7:05 am - Fun Walk Begins
- 7:30 am - Kid's Run Begins
- 8:10 am - Post Race Party/Awards Ceremony/Trams Begin Running Shuttle Service to Lot 6 Parking
*Schedule subject to change
How to Register
Click here to register online. Online registration will end at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, January 24. A downloadable version of the entry form is available here and mail-in entries are accepted. Registration will also be available on race day.
- Enter the facility at Gate 70 (Map Below) off of Midway Ave.
- Before entering the race area, all guests will be screened through a security checkpoint. Please arrive early to make time for this added security measure.
- Race starts at 7:00 am, track gates will be closed at 7:30 am. No participants will be allowed to access the race area after this gate is closed. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Friday, January 27 from 11 am – 6 pm
- Saturday, January 28 from 5:30 am – 7:00 am
Daytona International Speedway located inside Gate 70 off Midway Ave. A valid photo ID is required for packet pick-up.
PARKING AND NEW ROUTE FOR 2017! Check out the map for details!
Free parking is available for Run/Walk participants in Lot 6 at gate 70. The entrance is located off Midway Avenue near the Daytona Beach International Airport. Please avoid use of the infield tunnels.
Timing & Scoring
The DAYTONA 5K is a timed event. Your timing and scoring chip will be attached to your bib number.
Water and Gatorade will be provided at the start/finish line and on the course at select locations. Pets, inline skates and bicycles are prohibited.
Kids 12 and under are invited to participate in our dash down pit road. No entry fee. Participants will be placed in age appropriate groups before running.
Post-Race EventsAfter you cross the finish line, enjoy our post-race awards ceremony in Fanzone. Then, revel in the history, tradition and prestige of the Rolex 24 at DAYTONA, as sports car racing’s twice-around-the clock marathon gets the green flag at the “World Center of Racing.” Following the Post-Race Awards, trams will transport you back to your vehicle in Lot 6. Trams will run continuously till 10:00 AM.
Following the race, participants must clear the track by 8:15 am due to on track activity. Head over to the Fanzone Main Stage to enjoy the post-race awards presentation starting at approximately 8am! Awards are given to the top overall male and female, along with the top three in each age group.