DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – More than 40 teams from the ARCA Racing Series presented by RE/MAX and Menards as well as Izod IndyCar Series star Danica Patrick will test the 2.5-mile tri-oval on Friday, Dec. 18 – through Sunday, Dec. 20 in preparation for the Lucas Oil Slick Mist 200 on Saturday, Feb. 6.
The three-day test session, which runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day, is open to the public with free access to the Oldfield Grandstands through the lobby of Daytona 500 Experience. In addition, trams will be available to transport race fans into the Sprint FANZONE to view all the testing action for $15.
Among the drivers expected to participate in the test include:
• Patrick, who will make her stock car racing debut in the Lucas Oil Slick Mist 200 for JR Motorsports and run a partial 2010 NASCAR Nationwide Series schedule
• Daytona Beach native and Atlantic High graduate Alli Owens in a Venturini Motorsports Chevrolet. Owens qualified for the outside front row for the 2009 Lucas Oil Slick Mist 200.
• Five-time Lucas Oil Slick Mist 200 race winner Bobby Gerhart.
• Tim George Jr. making his Richard Childress Racing ARCA debut in a No. 31 Chevrolet. In addition to competing in last year’s ARCA race at Daytona, George is an accomplished road racer and competed with TRG Motorsports in the Rolex 24 At Daytona
• Penske Development driver Dakoda Armstrong in a Cunningham Motorsports Dodge and his teammate Tom Hessert, who embarks on his third year of ARCA competition with the championship in mind.
The Lucas Oil Slick Mist 200 event on Saturday, Feb. 6 is part of a racing tripleheader day at Daytona International Speedway with Daytona 500 Qualifying presented by Kroger and the Budweiser Shootout All-Star race all being held on the same day. Tickets start at $39.
Tickets for all Speedweeks 2010 events are available online at www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com or by calling 1-800-PITSHOP and fans can stay connected with Daytona International Speedway on Twitter (www.twitter.com/disupdates) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/DaytonaInternationalSpeedway)
9.30.2020DAYTONA 500 to Open 2021 Season While Coke Zero Sugar 400 Again Serves as Cutoff Race for the PlayoffsDenny Hamlin Tries to Become First DAYTONA 500 Champion to Win Three Straight in The Great American Race
Intensity-Filled Coke Zero Sugar 400 Summer Classic set to be Final Event of Regular Season
After the DAYTONA 500, NASCAR’s Premier Series goes to Another Florida Venue, Homestead-Miami Speedway, as NASCAR Announces Full Cup Series 2021 Schedule
9.28.2020Aaron Lewis & Sully Erna The Voices Of Godsmack & Staind Come Together, Live & In Person, For The First Time In The American Drive-In Tour
One Of The First Live Rock Concert Drive-In Series Of 2020
Offers An Intimate, Unplugged & Side-By-Side Event
From Two Of Music’s Most Acclaimed Frontmen
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 23 AT DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY
Tickets On Sale Tomorrow, September 29 at Noon
9.24.2020Annual Magic of Lights™ Holiday Display Returns to Daytona International Speedway for a Safe and Comfortable Drive-through Experience
- Beginning Nov. 13, One Carload, One Price to Enjoy More Than A Million Lights
- Contactless Ticketing by Buying Tickets in Advance
- View Display From the Comfort and Safety of Your own Vehicle
- Portion of the Proceeds to Benefit the AdventHealth Foundation
9.11.2020Most Historic Motorcycle Road Race Set to Return in March of 2021