DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – For the third straight year, the 54th annual Daytona 500 on Sunday, Feb. 26, NASCAR’s biggest, richest and most prestigious race, is scheduled for a 1 p.m. start time (TV – FOX Sports, Radio – MRN Radio).
Start times for the other remaining events of Speedweeks 2012 at Daytona International Speedway are as follows:
• The 50th anniversary of the Rolex 24 At Daytona GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series race, Jan. 28-29, 3:30 p.m.
• The Lucas Oil Slick Mist 200 ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards, Saturday, Feb. 18, 4:30 p.m.
• The Budweiser Shootout non-points event, Saturday, Feb. 18, 8:10 p.m.
• Daytona 500 Qualifying Presented By Kroger, Sunday, Feb. 19, 1:05 p.m.
• Gatorade Duel At Daytona, Thursday, Feb. 23, 2 p.m.
• NextEra Energy Resources 250 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race, Friday, Feb. 24, 7:30 p.m.
• DRIVE4COPD 300 NASCAR Nationwide Series race, Saturday, Feb. 25, 1:15 p.m.
The day of the Daytona 500 creates legends, breathtaking moments and more unforgettable memories than any other race in the world. Trevor Bayne, who at the age of 20 became the youngest winner of the Daytona 500 in 2011, will gun for back-to-back victories with the legendary Wood Brothers. In addition, Danica Patrick will make her NASCAR Sprint Cup Series debut for Stewart-Haas Racing and become just the third woman to take the green flag in the Daytona 500.
Tickets for the Daytona 500 start at $65. New for 2012, kids 12 and under receive half-off Superstretch seats for the Daytona 500 while supplies last. Tickets are available online at http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com or by calling 1-800-PITSHOP.
8.13.2020ADVENTHEALTH DAYTONA BEACH HONORED IN “NASCAR HAULER SALUTE TO HEALTHCARE HEROES POWERED BY VERIZON”Just ahead of the hauler salute, NASCAR, along with Verizon Business, provided a catered lunch from 4 Rivers Smokehouse Daytona and Jersey Mike’s for more than 750 AdventHealth Daytona Beach employees in the hospital’s Healing Garden.
8.13.2020Top New Country Trio to Share Their Signature Harmonies for the National Anthem Prior to the NASCAR Xfinity Series Race at the World Center of Racing
8.13.2020Richard Childress Began his Career as a Driver at Daytona in 1969 with Success that Led to the NASCAR Hall of Fame
8.12.2020Richard Petty Reminisces About His First and Only Compact Car Race for Smaller Stock Cars; Race Ran in Reverse of Today’s Road Course Layout, Set to Host NASCAR This Weekend