The 2018 DAYTONA 500, which will be the historic 60th running of NASCAR’s biggest and most prestigious event, will return to its traditional date on Presidents Day weekend – Sunday, Feb. 18.
“We wanted to let all of our fans, partners and stakeholders know about this date adjustment in advance and give them ample time to make their travel plans for ‘The Great American Race,’ ” Daytona International Speedway President Chip Wile said. “The 60th annual DAYTONA 500 is going to be a significant milestone in the event’s history and we look forward to a special celebration.”
The DAYTONA 500 has been traditionally held on Presidents Day weekend/George Washington’s birthday from 1968 to 2011. In fact, the inaugural DAYTONA 500 back in 1959 was held on George Washington’s birthday.
Dates for the other Speedweeks events and Bike Week At Daytona International Speedway will be announced at a later date. Tickets for the 2018 DAYTONA 500 will also go on sale at a later date after the completion of ticket renewals following the 2017 DAYTONA 500.
In addition, NASCAR announced start times for all 2017 events with the 59th annual DAYTONA 500 on Sunday, Feb. 26 scheduled for 2 p.m. EST on FOX.
Those wishing to attend the 2017 DAYTONA 500 can make their plans now:
- Tickets can be purchased by calling 1-800-PITSHOP or visiting www.DAYTONA500.com.
- Hospitality and premium seat packages, including the Rolex 24 Lounge, Harley J’s, Trioval Club and FANZONE/Pre-race access are also available.
- For all other Speedweeks events, children 12 and under are $10 in reserved stadium seating and free in general admission areas and in FANZONE.
- Fans can also visit PrimeSport.com, the official ticket exchange and travel package provider of Daytona International Speedway, where they can find multiple options for tickets, lodging and hospitality.
About Daytona International Speedway
Fans can stay connected with Daytona International Speedway on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Snapchat (username: DISupdates), and by downloading the new version of Daytona International Speedway’s mobile app, for the latest Speedway news throughout the season.
Daytona International Speedway recently completed a $400 million frontstretch renovation project that transformed the “World Center of Racing” into the world’s first motorsports stadium. Improvements included wider, more comfortable seats, five expanded and redesigned entrances, 40 escalators and upgraded amenities throughout the 11 football-field size neighborhoods. The new stadium was awarded the SportsBusiness Journal’s prestigious Sports Business Award for Sports Facility of the Year. Daytona International Speedway is the home of "The Great American Race" - the DAYTONA 500. Though the season-opening NASCAR Sprint Cup event garners most of the attention - as well as the largest audience in motorsports - the approximately 500-acre motorsports complex boasts the most diverse schedule of racing on the globe. New to the calendar for 2016 are the Country 500 music festival on Memorial Day Weekend and the Ferrari World Finals on Dec. 1-4. In addition to at least eight major weekends of racing activity, rarely a week goes by that the Speedway grounds are not used for events that include civic and social gatherings, car shows, photo shoots, production vehicle testing and police motorcycle training.
9.24.2020Annual Magic of Lights™ Holiday Display Returns to Daytona International Speedway for a Safe and Comfortable Drive-through Experience
- Beginning Nov. 13, One Carload, One Price to Enjoy More Than A Million Lights
- Contactless Ticketing by Buying Tickets in Advance
- View Display From the Comfort and Safety of Your own Vehicle
- Portion of the Proceeds to Benefit the AdventHealth Foundation
9.11.2020Most Historic Motorcycle Road Race Set to Return in March of 2021
9.9.2020Each Donor Will Receive A Free General Admission Ticket to the 2021 WaWa 250 Powered by Coca-Cola, and a 9/11 Commemorative T-shirt
9.8.2020- Special Four-Day & Two-Day Ticket Packages Available
- Begins Season for IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship
- Children 12-and-Under Receive Free Entry to General Admission Seating Areas, UNOH Fanzone, Garage Access and Camping